Explore Beyond Chesnut Bay Resort
When you stay at Chesnut Bay Resort, you’ll be near the best of Northeast Alabama and neighboring states! Experience outdoor adventures, historical treasures, unique shopping opportunities, thrilling attractions, endless rounds of golf, and much more just a short drive from our lakeside resort.
Pirates Bay Waterpark
Splish, splash, slip, slide, and even play mini golf at Pirates Bay Waterpark, a sprawling aquatic playground located on a hilltop overlooking Weiss Lake. There’s fun for everyone with tube slides, body slides, multiple pools, waterfalls, splash playground, mini golf, food, drinks, parties, and so much more!
Fish with the Pros
Mark Collins Guide Service offers folks a fishing trip of a lifetime with the help of a professional guide. Fish like a pro on world-famous Weiss Lake, the “Crappie Capital of the World” and “Striper Capital of the South!”
Get Lost in the Beauty and Wonder of Nature
- Cherokee Rock Village, a figurative village made of enormous boulders in Leesburg, is a haven for rock climbers, hikers, and other outdoor enthusiasts.
- Desoto State Park offers an array of outdoor activities surrounded by rustic natural beauty.
- Little River Canyon National Preserve features one of the deepest canyon systems east of the Mississippi River and the deepest in the state of Alabama.
- Walk under a 90-foot waterfall, ride the train, hike, bike, and more at Noccalula Falls.
Shop for One-of-a-Kind Items:
Popular Attractions You Simply Must Experience
- Glimpse tigers, cougars, African lions, bears, wolves, leopards, and many more wonderful animals at the wild animal preserve, Tigers for Tomorrow at Untamed Mountain
- Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta
- Six Flags Over Georgia, Atlanta
- Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga